Sunday, October 19, 2008

A very interesting Saturday with Joel Christopher

Thanks to my friend Jeff and some blogs I follow, including www.manuelviloria.com and www.pinoymoneytalk.com, I was able to attend the free seminar conducted yesterday, Saturday, at the Thomas Aquinas Research Center by a successful Filipino netpreneur, Joel Christopher.

I learned a lot yesterday. I learned the story of Joel, a physical therapist who hails from Tabango, Leyte and graduated from the University of Santo Tomas (UST), left the Philippines and went on to practice his profession in the United States (US). By his own account, he was earning big bucks as physical therapist but foresaw problems in health care in the US.

The problems he saw led him to drop his practice and to learn how to do business with the internet which at that time was still very young. He acknowledges that he learned a lot from others and says he has met almost every internet guru you can mention.

Joel has become one of the most successful individuals on the internet and now acknowledged to have created a whole new industry and to be the best in list building. (You can learn more about Joel at www.masterlistbuilder.com) Jay Conrad Levinson of the Guerilla Marketing-fame, and many other respected authors, have nothing but good words about him.

I also learned about Joel's passion, his commitment to help the people in his hometown of Tabango, Leyte, Philippines and his plan to use technology to help us, his fellow Pinoys. Joel also shared quite a bit as to how he has been able to amass wealth through the internet and intends to mentor a few individuals to success in the near future. (Lucky them!)

On the first pic above is Jodjie Azurin of the Business Summaries sucess, the master list buider Joel Christopher, and myself. On the second pic is Manuel Viloria whose blog I follow and who was very friendly and sharing about his knowledge about the internet and blogging. (I even saw there Carl Ocab of the 13-year-old-make-money-online fame but I was too shy to get my picture taken with him too.)

If only Rober Kiyosaki's theory about "your income being the average of the income of the people around you" is true even if I had them people around me only for a few seconds. Check out also my pics of UST, a place I have always loved since my CPA review days.

My thanks to Joel for teaching me and the others who attended great things, Jodjie and Manny (I guess that's his nickname) for being very friendly despite their success, and Jeff for mentioning the free seminar to me. And thank God for Saturdays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you, Gilbert! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Gilbert,

Thanks for blogging about my free seminar.

Due to popular request, I’m doing another FREE seminar
in a much bigger venue inside UST (University of Santo
Tomas) campus.

Go to http://masterlistbuilder.PH
for more details and to reserve your seats…

This will be my LAST FREE seminar this year (anywhere in the world)
so pls make sure to make this one…

Salamat at Mabuhay!(Thank You and Long Live!)

Joel Christopher R.
Best-Selling Author, Speaker & Internet Marketing Mentor
http://www.MasterListBuilder.com

Have you read my latest blog post at
http://www.MasterListBuilder.com/blog ?

Gibo said...

Hi Joel. Thank you for taking time to visit my site. I am honored. Will definitely check that next free seminar. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gilbert.

See you on Tuesday night at UST.

Salamat at Mabuhay!(Thank You and Long Live!)

Joel Christopher R.
Best-Selling Author, Speaker & Internet Marketing Mentor
http://www.MasterListBuilder.PH